Thursday, February 2, 2006

The Relationship Rush

It seems as though everyone is rushing in to relationships these days. The dating starts, by the third date they are sleeping together, the fourth they move in and within 3 months they’ve bought a house together… and are planning a wedding. Don’t think this is a one off situation either. I have had two friends elope this past year (one after only knowing each other 5 weeks) and many moving in together and buying houses. I think it is great that they are so in love that they want to be together all the time, but what is the rush? Is it an issue of insecurity? Do we have to move fast enough so that our partner doesn’t realize what a mistake they’re making by being with us?

I found myself in a rush recently, which is not like me. Well, I went on a date a couple weeks ago; I thought it went really well, at the end of the night he kissed me on the cheek. It was the perfect end to a great first date. Second date, again great date, felt more comfortable but at the end of the night he kissed me on the cheek… again. I don’t know why, but this time it bothered me. I didn’t necessarily want him to stick his tongue down my throat, but maybe a kiss on the lips would have been nice. I left feeling unsure… why? Maybe because I had never gone on a second date without getting a kiss, in fact I don’t usually go one date without one… Well he finally kissed me – and I say finally because that’s how I felt at the time, when really it was only our third meeting – but I digress, he kissed me, it was perfect, I swear it made my knees buckle. It was worth the ‘wait’; in fact I would have waiting longer had I known it would be so intoxicating.

So what was it that made me feel so rushed?

I’m looking for answers to this one…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you were feeling [rushed] but the story didn't convey any sense of being rushed. So you wanted to test drive his lips sooner, so what, you weren't reminding him to splurge and not to get the poisonous wedding invitations! I can't speculate but maybe it had just been a while since your last real kiss. But don't sugar coat it darling, I think you DID "necessarily want him to stick his tongue down your throat."
[as for] Everyone else rushing:
One of the first things that comes to mind may be the fact that most of us are the first (maybe second) generation to work towards and enter a career before finding 'the one.' After hearing so many stories of parents and grandparents marrying and having children in their early 20's, we can't help but feel like were going to be too late for 'that bus.' Or maybe it's just a simple money/greed thing. The sooner we start buying that house, the earlier we can retire and stop paying for shit!

Anonymous said...

need to take a look [url=http://moourl.com/n23sn]Cute.[/url]

need some help just visit to get me my next free video

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on singlesearching.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Research presents that almost 90% of all USA grownups are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.